Friday, March 10, 2006

Dreaming of Stella

I know what you're thinking: "Oh no, not another dream." Worry not, dear reader, it's just one of those figurative kinda dreams that I dissed and denied in my last post. I'm inconsistent, so sue me.

To the point...I may be in love with a girl named Stella. An animated inanimate beauty of steel and chrome and rubber with a caustic variety of fluids coursing her veins...what can I say, I like 'em spicy.

Her allure is not just her shapely form or the thought of how she might feel betwixt my legs, but also in the intangebles that bring two of my favorite places--Chicago and Italy--together with my penchants for two wheels, things that are European in nature and, oh yes, my inner geek...this advert doesn't hurt either:

So the background is that Chicago-based Genuine Scooters struck a deal with legendary Italian scooter company Piaggio to use the form of the classic Vespa P-series scooter and have it reproduced at a factory in India. Genuine is a sister company of Scooterworks, a Chicago scooter dealer with a reputation for excellent repair and restoration of classic scooters. Drawing on Scooterworks' expertise, Genuine built in some modern touches to make the new scoots safer and more reliable. The result is a scooter that, as one of their slogans reads, is "Designed in Italy, assembled in India...and perfected in America."

Unfortunately, Stella is currently unavailble in California due to environmental regulations--two strokes are stinky and they pollute like a mo-fo. The good news is that Genuine is determined to crack the California market and has upgraded Stella's engine to pass emissions testing and is currently in the process of having it certified. By the end of 2006 Stella should be ready, willing and able in the Golden State.

Will I be getting one? Well, I dunno. Doesn't make much sense really. I can't make it over the Hill on her to work and I'm hardly home enough to warrant using her around town...and I like to ride my cruiser bike there anyway. The bottom line: it doesn't make much sense.

But I can dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the smell of that two-stroke white smoke is inherently sexy.

it can't help itself.
it just is.

Dongoose said...

Dear Reader-

Kudos on your attention to detail. Though I used "stinky" as the adjective to describe that smell, I think your statement is more appropriate.

At the motorcycle show, one booth had 'flavored' two-stroke oil that makes your exhaust smell like cherries. I only noticed this because of the scantily-clad booth babe who wooed me to find out more (what can I say, she was wearing a cowboy hat). She smelled like cherries too, but to your point, would indeed, have been much sexier if she smelled like regular puffy white, non-fruity two-stroke oil.

d