Friday, June 06, 2008

Exile in Lizville

So Liz Phair is doing a limited number of live shows where she plays her classic Exile in Guyville in its entirety. While Guyville is one of my favorite albums ever, Liz hasn't done much for me since. The debut is raw and beautifully unrefined, while her subsequent recordings are--in my generally snobby opinion--increasingly overproduced and unoriginal.

In any event, I have tickets in hand for the San Francisco show on the 23rd along with mild hopes that I'm not dissapointed. Whatever she does, I am fairly sure she'll be better than THIS guy:


An...umm...interesting cover of Liz Phair's "Fuck and Run." Ah YouTube.

Liz Phair Exile in Guyville shows:
6.23 San Francisco, CA - Fillmore
6.24 Chicago, IL - Vic Theatre
6.25 New York, NY - Hiro Ballroom
6.26 New York, NY - Hiro Ballroom

No comments: