Thursday, October 02, 2008

Cubs meltdown eminent

I really did mean to post this before the playoffs started...

Yes, the White Sox squeezed into the playoffs by a scant one run, and yes they are the most inconsistent, least deserving playoff team with the second worst record of all the playoff teams who avoided a catastrophic end-of-season collapse by the narrowest of margins. And yes, I would love to see the Chi Sox sweep the Cubs in the World Series, but it ain't gonna happen. Neither team will be there, BUT I can guarantee you this...the Sox will make it further than the Cubs, maybe only a game or two longer, but longer none the less. Them Cubs are cursed.

5 comments:

Green Laker said...

Wow, I've known you for what, 20 years (??) and this is the first time I've found out about your Chicago baseball team affiliation.

North side Sox fan, who knew?

Dongoose said...

What can I say? I'm a contrarian at heart. And truthfully, any real affinity I had for Major League Baseball died in the '94 strike...and with the old Comiskey Park. Now the San Jose Giants on the other hand...that's baseball.

Anonymous said...

Go Cubs! Fuck the Sox.

Dongoose said...

Well since they're each down 0-2 in their respective series, I think they're both fucked. Though I should point out that the Cubs are blowing it at home.

Dongoose said...

2008 Chicago Playoff Stats:
Cubs: 0 wins, 3 losses (out of playoffs)
Sox: 1 win, 2 losses (soon to be out, but better than the Cubs)