Sunday, January 28, 2007

I HATE BEING SICK!

It is now Sunday afternoon and I have been battling a mother of a cold since sometime on Wednesday. I actually think I felt a tickle of it on my Tuesday bike ride, which, ironically, I was en fuego during.

It started as a sniffle, then a headcold, then moved down all achey-breaky style into my chest where at has been camping out and making mucous in copious, inhuman proportions. I feel like Val Kilmer's pale, hacking rendition of Doc Holliday from the movie Tombstone, which seems to currently be in heavy rotation as I've watched it twice this week. I'm not sure watching Val with tuberculosis or whatever is good for one's cold, but it's a bitchin' movie...and the highlight of my seriously extended couch time. There is just so much SHIT on TV...total dog shit.

Anyway, I've tried every over-the-counter spray, inhaler, swab, spoon and pill I could find, as well as enough homeopathic remedies to qualify me for residency on any number of Santa Cruz-based communes, but nothing really seems to be doing the trick.

I keep telling myself I'm feeling a little better today because I got up, wrenched on bikes for a bit, paid some bills and felt like typing for the first time in days, but that all could just be extreme boredom.

Though I've never been a big Talking Heads fan, I did find this online today and it made me feel better. A little anyway. Hopefully it will do the same for you, even if you're not sick:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be your huckleberry.

jennysue said...

he-HEM! OBVIOUSLY you haven't been getting your requisite dose of SCRUBS RERUNS. watch 3 in a row and then follow with one episode every 8-12 hours until you feel better.