Thursday, February 22, 2007

Tuesday - 2.20.07 - 11 a.m.

As I reaffixed the pump to my bike in front of the Children's Discovery Museum...


She:
Four-ish with long black hair, pink pants and a Dora t-shirt.
“Get up! Here comes another one! Gnuuuuuuuuuuuuuew!” Arms outsrteched, spinning in circles, eyes up to the sky.

He:
A spikey blond boy in a pint-sized hoody.
“Yay, another one! WoWoWooWooWoWoooWoo!” Joining her in circles--one eye on each other, one in the sky.

It:
A 747 or some such, resplendent in sliver and booming.
“Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh!” Its fast moving shadow sweeps over the landscape.

They:
Collapse on the grass. And laugh. And laugh. And Laugh.

I:
Smile and laugh and wish I could join them.

This:
A snapshot of how simple it all should be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have joined them.

Dongoose said...

Probably so. But I fear a grown man in spandex rolling on the grass with young children would be sadly misinterpreted by their parents.