Friday, March 09, 2007

Creature from the Desk #4


This week's CFD is my shaker of Redmond RealSalt. Though I bought this particular jar at New Leaf in Santa Cruz, I discovered real salt in Utah on vacation this year. The natural sea salt is extracted from an ancient, dry salt lake in south central Utah and contains all kinds of crazy nutrients and minerals. The salt is bespeckled with brown and not-quite white grains and is--strange as this may sound--a very tasty salt. I keep it on my desk for fresh produce--celery, cucumbers and tomatoes. And yes, I ocassionally freebase it, taking a shake or two directly on my tounge. I know it's not good for the blood pressure, but if my helmet straps are any indication, I burn off more salt than the average bear on an average day.

Note: Next week's CFD will be from somone else's desk. I'm off to Washington, DC to lobby on Capitol Hill and my aim is to find something interesting in the House or Senate to include. I may sneak in with the Illinois contingent and see what's on Barack Obama's desk. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never mind the salt...what the hell is the picture UNDER the salt?!?!?

Dongoose said...

What? You don't have pictures of masked wrestlers on YOUR desk? BOR-ing.