Saturday, March 24, 2007

Shitfire Lucky Charms Agent Orange-O-Rama


It's funny what goes through your head when you're stumbling home solo from a rock show while shoveling the Lucky Charms you bought at 7-11 into your mouth. I went to see Agent Orange at the Blank Club...a band I've never been nuts about or anything but I saw them back in the day and thought they did it right. I guess it's telling that though I went to the show, I bailed before they even played a note. They were supposed to be on at midnight and I got a 25 minute walk home from there....and shitfire I'm getting old! That's what I was thinking when I was walking home. Shitfire better get me some Lucky Charms. Shitfire I'm tired. Shitfire I gotta take a shitfire (I know TMI).

I mean I did ride for like five hours today and climbed 6000 feet on the new bike, so that will expend some energy...and I haven't slept worth a crap for the last week, but dammit if I didn't used to be a trooper when it came to shows. Not tonight though.

I justified my early departure by really liking the middle band--The Razorburns (pictured above)--they had these two crazy chicks on guitar and vocals that just railed it. And the openers, a band called Bad Samaritans, seemed pretty good too, though I didn't see much of their set. Both bands just seemed to be having a ton of fun on stage and that counts for alot in my book. I like the fun.

Anyway, about the Lucky Charms...I'm not backing the magic crystal ball marshmallows. I'm a traditionalist.

No comments: